Spinach is considered as one of best super foods in the world. Popeye’s favorite food – Spinach does have a whale of health benefits. This leafy vegetable comes loaded with vitamins, minerals, calcium and potassium and is known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anticancer properties. What’s more, spinach is low-calorie too. One cup of spinach contains only 41.4 calories.
Here are the top five benefits of Spinach
1. Spinach is packed with antioxidants that can block the ill effects of free radicals thereby helps in boosting brain power.
2. Spinach fights cancer – The green leafy vegetable is loaded with flavonoid compounds known to fight cancer.
3. Spinach is an excellent source of iron. Growing children, teens, adults can boost their energy by consuming spinach regularly.
4. Spinach contains lutein and zeaxanthin – carotenoids that are known to protect eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration
5. Vitamin K is essential for stronger bones; half a cup of spinach contains your daily vitamin K needs.
Okay, now that you are aware of all the health benefits spinach offers, rush to Valley Green Market now to shop for spinach.
Posted by – Valley Green Market